Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Can someone please pass the Gestalt?



I have worked with the gestalt technique before so none of these images were really surprises to me. I do however have a great appreciation for it. The way the negative space and positive space is used to make two different elements of the picture give it a feel like an optical illusion. Gestalt always reminds m of M.C. Escher's drawings. I guess it is in the way that if you look at it a certain way you can see something completely different then before. I love this type of artwork that make your eye think before analyzing the piece.


This image was found at www.248am.com/ nat/fun/gestalt-game/

1 comment:

ashlee said...

I was just recently introduced to Gestalt, his theory, and these double images. The first thing i thought of was Escher :) I love his work.