Thursday, October 25, 2007

Dada




The Dada movement in the 1920's was a very interesting movement. The visual art in the Dada movement was mostly surrealism. The artists that cotributed to this movement were Marcel DuChamp and Man Ray. Allan Kaprow also was a major part in the Dada Movement, mostly in the performance art section of the time. I really liked the findings of the activities in te Dada time period. They were very simple yet very entertaining. The one we did in class oday and another I read about where people would all have their hands on a flag pole and walk around it simultaneously. All the activities were so simple, yet gave a good laugh to myself while I was reading them or doing them. I'm no really sure what the purppoes of these activites were, but i do know that most Dadaism works were done in protest to World War I. Maybe the simple protest was laughing and enjoying their art work, because I know happiness and laughter was in abundance during the first World War.

This image was found at http://www.artic.edu/reynolds/essays/hofmann.php

No comments: