Thursday, October 25, 2007

Mirror Mirror in my Hand.

The activity presented to us today in class was to a) Find a partner, b) Go outside and take a walk, c) Stand back-to-back with your partner, so that you're able to see your partner's face in your mirror, d) As you slowly walk away from your partner, make a face (as children do); try to imitate the face of your partner, and e) Continue until you can no longer see your partners face. When my partner and I were actually doing the activity, I found it to be a lot harder than I imagined. When I first read the directions sheet, I thought this would be such a breeze. As my partner got further and further away from me I began to not be able to see her as well as I thought I would. The mirror was a small place to focus on and as it got further from it, it became even smaller. By the time my partner was about 6 feet away from me I was trying to utilize the colors in her face to imitate it. Instead of focusing on what she was actually doing, I tried to see if the lower half of her face was darker, if it was I could conclude that her mouth was open and I was looking into it. If it seemed like she did not have eyes, I could imagine that she was squinting. By the end of the activity I could only tell if her mouth was open or closed, besides that I could not see her inside of her blue mirror, and my green one.

Also, by the end of the activity I had reached a certain state of boredom. Today in class I was very tired and I'm sure that did not help my eyesight. When the class got up to venture outside, I got a little burst of energy because we were able to move and walk, but by the end of the activity, I was even too tired to laugh at the silly expressions on my partner's face. Overall thought I think it was a good activity, and maybe if I had stopped and gotten a cup of coffee before class I would have enjoyed it a little bit more.

No comments: